As one of the UKs leading designers and manufacturers of Air distribution products for the heating, ventilating and air conditioning industry, we have made ourselves aware of the consequential impacts that our operations may have on the environment.
We take environmental awareness seriously and beyond just the basics. We deliberately design engineer every component to balance performance and cost effectiveness with its final environmental impact.
We invest in machinery that supports optimisation of our environmental policies. Our 2019 powder coating plant uses less powder, less water and less gas whilst achieving superior finish application and quality. Our 2021 combi laser and punch press now nests and optimises components to minimise wastage. As far as possible our primary materials are aluminium and steel which are highly recyclable. We employ LED lighting throughout and benefit from a 300kw array of solar panels on our roof space.
For our clients we aim to minimise the embodied life cycle carbon of our products and for our manufacturing we aim to minimise our total carbon footprint.
Our commitment to care for the environment translates into a company policy that specifies:
- Continual and effective improvement of environmental performance
- Compliance, as a minimum, with all applicable legislation, Gilberts requirements and any other adopted requirements which relate to our environmental aspects
- Implementation and continued improvement of an occupational risk management system that meets the requirements of the International Standards Organisation, ISO 14001:2004
- The setting and review of environmental objectives and targets
- Review of the management system and policy to ensure their suitability, adequacy and effectiveness
- Provision of suitable and sufficient environmental information, instruction and training to enable all staff to carry out their jobs competently
- Selection and monitoring of competent third parties to ensure appropriate standards of environmental management are achieved
- Effective communication and cooperation with third parties so that they are aware of our environmental management expectations
- Environmental management is everyone’s responsibility, and a prime responsibility of all levels of management.
We provide adequate and appropriate resources to implement this policy and ensure that it is properly communicated and understood. Our aim is to encourage initiative and adopt best practice for a culture where employees and managers are aware of their individual responsibilities for the environment and are actively engaged and committed to improving standards of environmental management.
Gilberts (Blackpool) limited is one of the UK’s leading designers and manufacturers of Grilles, Diffusers, Louvres, Smoke/Fire Dampers and Natural Ventilation Systems…
Gilberts (Blackpool) Ltd designs, develops, manufactures, inspects and tests its products to ensure that they are suitable for the purpose for which they are specified…