Natural Ventilation Navigation
Incorporating an ultra low power fan our new Mistrale ‘Fusion’ MFS might not, in the strictest sense, be thought of as a full natural ventilation solution however it does still allow us to harness this free natural cooling energy source reliably and efficiently but with significant added benefits.
One of the latest innovations in ventilation our new design “Fusion” terminal is able to provide an extremely low cost ventilation solution with the added benefits of heat recovery.
Unlike a normal full natural ventilation solution MFS is a dynamic hybrid that includes an ultra low power fan assistance feature. The fan is designed to energise in poor air movement conditions in order to ensure adequate ventilation at all times. Whilst fan power assistance may seem at odds with a low energy ventilation concept it is important to point out that the fan is there to provide only occasional support ensuring that the terminal operates at all times to provide the intended heat recovery and ventilation requirements.
And it is truly energy efficient!
With an annual design consumption of just 34kw per classroom Mistrale MFS can cost just £5* per classroom per year and yet guarantee full operational ventilation and cooling efficiency at all times.
Unlike other designs Mistrale MFS is a stand alone system providing adequate ventilation and cooling without the need for supportive systems such as opening windows although it can still be integrated with other heating, cooling or ventilation strategies where required.
*Based on energy cost of £0.12 per kw/h
Key Design Features
- Standard Slimline Terminal MFS/128 (128 l/s output)
- High Capacity Slimline Terminal MFS/256 (256 l/s output)
- Compliant with D of E guidance on ventilation
- Accurate air and temperature control with free cooling and heat recovery
- Full summer evacuation mode with fan boost to meet all BB101 and PBSB overheat requirements
- Includes CO2 override to meet current D of E guidelines
- Operator overrides with easily adjustable set points
- Clear indication of control strategy for users/occupants
- Single wall or facade location with no need for either transfer into corridors or a stack reducing both cost and noise transfer
- Low noise operation to meet current D of E guidelines (BB93)
- Optional glazing panel positioning to avoid builders work
- No ductwork requirement and maintenance free