Natural Ventilation – Hybrid Mode
Incorporating an ultra low power fan our new Mistrale ‘Fusion’ MFS might not immediately strike a full “natural ventilation” solution in the traditional sense however this modern fan assisted approach on natural ventilation does still allow us to harness this free natural cooling energy source reliably and efficiently with its “hybrid” features also delivering some significant added benefits.
One of the latest innovations in ventilation our new design “Fusion” terminal is designed to provide an extremely low cost ventilation solution with the added benefits of some element of heat recovery.
Unlike a normal full natural ventilation solution MFS is a dynamic hybrid that includes an ultra low power fan assistance feature. The fan is designed to energise in poor air movement conditions in order to ensure adequate ventilation can be maintained at all times. Whilst fan power assistance may seem at odds with a low energy ventilation concept it is important to point out that the fan is there to provide only occasional support and ensures that the terminal operates at all times to provide the intended heat recovery and ventilation requirements.
And it is truly energy efficient!
With an annual design consumption of just 34kw per classroom Mistrale MFS is a low energy solution yet still assures full operational ventilation and cooling efficiency at all times.
Key Design Features
- Standard Slimline Terminal MFS/128 (128 l/s output)
- High Capacity Slimline Terminal MFS/256 (256 l/s output)
- Compliant with D of E guidance on ventilation
- Accurate air and temperature control with free cooling and heat recovery
- Full summer evacuation mode with fan boost to meet all BB101 and PBSB overheat requirements
- Includes CO2 override to meet current D of E guidelines
- Operator overrides with easily adjustable set points
- Clear indication of control strategy for users/occupants
- Single wall or facade location with no need for either transfer into corridors or a stack reducing both cost and noise transfer
- Low noise operation to meet current D of E guidelines (BB93)
- Optional glazing panel positioning to avoid builders work
- No ductwork requirement and maintenance free
For more Mistrale MFS details please click on the link below.
Your window on Natural Ventilation
Passive Natural Ventilation
Hybrid Natural Ventilation
Natural Ventilation with fan power assistance
Hybrid Roof Terminals
Natural roof vent with fan power assistance
Hybrid Heat Recovery
Natural Ventilation with heat recovery
Gilberts Mistrale Natural Ventilation Solutions are design led technologies that incorporate patented features which position them at the leading edge of modern natural ventilation design. Suitable for both stack effect and wind driven systems Mistrale comprises of all of the key the components you will need to design a robust, efficient and extremely effective natural ventilation system.
Natural Ventilation Solutions & Systems Latest News
The £12.6m extension to Thomas Telford University Technical College (UTC) is using the latest technology to deliver “a gold standard in education”, through to its
In the drive towards reduced net zero, Gilberts Blackpool claims its new MFS-HR hybrid natural ventilation unit, which now includes significant heat recovery capabilities, appears